Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: web application vulnerability tools list needed

From: Steve Steiner <seswho704 () comcast net>
Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2011 22:20:19 -0600

I would suggest Samurai WTF (Web Testing Framework) used in the Sans 542
Web Application Pentesting and Ethical Hacking course. It is available
at http://samurai.inguardians.com/. It is a bootable Live CD with tools
like BurpSuite, WebScarab, metasploit, nmap, sqlninja, cewl, ratproxy,
w3af, BeEF, Ajaxshell,maltego, Fierce domain, and many more.

If you are looking for an automated tool there is accunetix, IBM
AppScan, HP has one (forget what it is), and others.

HTH

--
Steve Steiner <seswho704 () comcast net>

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate.  We look at how SSL works,
how it benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test,
purchase, install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for
set-up are highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital
certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1