Security Basics mailing list archives

[Annoucement] ClubHack Magazine - Call for Articles

From: abhijeet () clubhack com
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2011 17:54:12 GMT

ClubHack Magazine is seeking for submissions for next issue i.e. July 2011 issue. If you have something interesting and
would like to share, please send in your articles to abhijeet () clubhack com

Topics/Themes for July issue is - Metasploit.
Other articles, not related to metasploit, are also welcome.

ClubHack Magazine has as different sections:

1.Tech Gyan - Main article of the magazine. Covers various technical aspects in security, latest hacking trends and
techniques.
2. Tool Gyan - Covers various hacking and security tools.
3. Mom's Guide - Dedicated to comman man. Covers basics and fundamentals.
4. Legal Gyan - IT Law with respect to hacking explained in simple language.
5. Matriux Vibhag - Articles on Matriux Security Distro.

No hard and fast rules as such. Just a few guidelines :
1) Keep the language as easy as possible.
2) It should be related to our sections mentioned above. (Except for Matriux Vibhag, articles can be submitted for all
other sections)
3) Submissions due date - 25th of this month

Regards,
Abhijeet Patil,
Team ClubHack
http://clubhack.com
http://csoindia.org

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate.  We look at how SSL works, how
it benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test, purchase,
install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for set-up are
highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1