Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Monitoring emails.

From: Mike Hale <eyeronic.design () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2011 09:16:45 -0700

Alternatively....you can use Snort to get the email content.  This is
going to require quite a bit of work on your part, especially if you
don't have a lot of Snort experience, but it can be done.

Refer to the Barok example in this paper:

https://www.giac.org/paper/gcia/330/giac-gcia-assignment-pass/101356

Based on this, it's possible.  Read up on the Snort docs to get specifics.