Security Basics mailing list archives

Use NoScript whitelist for XSS?

From: Joshua Gold <joshuagold2 () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2011 14:01:58 -0400

This might seem like a stupid idea, but I thought that this might work.

I'm not an expert on XSS, but I was thinking that if a user has
allowed scripts from a site that allows users to post arbitrary
content (e.g. pastebin.com), then you could still target that user. Am
I right?

In case I'm not being clear, here are the steps I was thinking of:
 - Create an XSS attack
 - Paste said attack to pastebin.com or some other site that many
noscript users have added to their whitelist
 - Include pastebin script in malicious webpage and proceed with attack

Apologies if this is a stupid idea, but it seems sound.

Regards,
jgold

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate.  We look at how SSL works, how
it benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test, purchase,
install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for set-up are
highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1