Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: DLP - what works?

From: Mark Teicher <mark.teicher () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 11:50:26 -0400

If the organization the DLP is being deployed in, can adhere to Adobe
Life Cycle Management. I have encountered many organizations that due
to a security audit from one of the larger security consulting
companies, were recommended to evaluate DLP solutions and eventually
deploy them. The basic understanding is Total Cost of Ownership from
evaluation to assessment to pilot to deployment to day to day
operational costs to reporting to actual return on investment.
Integration also takes time to assess, most organizations may have
legacy proxies that may not be interoperable with a DLP solution.  My
point is that there more to choosing a DLP solution that easy to use
or best thing since Digital responder.. :)