Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: PCI Question

From: daniel svartman <danielsvartman () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 10:10:02 -0300

Hi mechele,
Regarding to the BIN, the PCI DSS Specifies that the first 6 digits
(BIN) can be stored without encryption. Thereore if you had truncated
it or hashed is ok as it is. Secondly, additional controls means the
security measures applied to The hashing solution you are using and
the data stores. I.e.: if yhr hashing encryption is supported by PCI,
who can access the solution oe the source code to hash, etc.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Daniel