Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: CGI form access

From: Adam Pal <pal_adam () gmx net>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2011 20:47:26 +0100

Hello Rod,

You could use Whatsrunning (http://www.whatsrunning.net/) to see which
process attempts to initiate the connection. (evtl. run as different
user)
Empty cookies and temporary files wont really help.
Try the software listed by Adrian.
Add eventually:
- Gmer
- Combofix

However it will take much more time to get the system clean than
installing a new one.
Might be the forms have been cleaned and the
malware did not noticed so still tries to access this source.

Best Regards,
Adam

<==============Original message text===============

<===========End of original message text===========