Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Physical Access Cards

From: hellkyng () gmail com
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2009 10:35:02 -0600

Yes, I would have some concerns doing that. My main concern being if an employee misplaces their card somewhere then
anyone that finds the card would know which company it grants access too. If there was no company logo on the card,
then whoever finds it would have no idea what business it belonged too.

Social engineering unfortunately is easy enough already, it makes sense to leave access cards blank in order to make it
that much more difficult to enter the building. Although a friendly smile and carrying a big box usually will get you
in...
Good Luck,
Mike

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate.  We look at how SSL works, how
it benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test, purchase,
install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for set-up are
highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1