Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Gateway Scanner or IDP

From: Jeff MacDonald <jam () zoidtechnologies com>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2010 16:34:21 -0400

Greetings,

On Wednesday 21 July 2010 14:39:01 absolutezero273c () gmail com wrote:
Those of you who have been through this, how did you get to your decision?
 What would you do different if you had to?

Full Disclosure: I have not used any of the packages you mention, nor do I
have a large pool of users to support.

I do not think throwing all the money in the world into software is going to
mitigate the problem as well as properly training your users so they do not
fall prey as easily to threats via the internet.

--
Zoid Technologies: Custom Information Systems
http://zoidtechnologies.com/

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate.  We look at how SSL works, how
it benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test, purchase,
install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for set-up are
highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1