Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Checkpoint smart defance as IPS

From: Demith Samaraweera <demith () millenniumit com>
Date: Fri, 28 May 2010 22:52:31 +0530

Hi Marco

SmartDefense is a average level IPS but I must say it is not the best IPS around. Chekcpoints recent improvements to SmartDefense called IPS1 is better. But for your concerns if the users use SSL only few IPSs around who can intercept SSL is useful (Like McAfee) will work. I have worked with many IPS products and all depends the user who manages the IPS because fine tuning is the best. But then again McAfee, TippoingPoint and SourceFire are all good