Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Help hardening router

From: David Goldsmith <dgoldsmith () sans org>
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2010 17:36:17 -0500

On 3/8/2010 3:27 PM, mzcohen2682 () aim com wrote:
HI ALL !

I have a task to harden a small organization router, today the have only
the router and they dont use a FW.

Im pasting here the config (not before changing the Ip's ) can someone
recommend which commands to implement in order to harden the router?

Did you change the various encrypted passwords before posting the
config?  If not,  we may not have the IP address of the router, but you
just exposed their passwords (which may be used elsewhere)

There are also IP address for other interfaces on the router and other
endpoints, descriptions of connections, etc, in the configuration that
you posted.

If you post configurations to public lists asking for review, you should
be sure to fully sanitize any content that reveals internal information
about your setup ... or your customers' setup.

--
David Goldsmith

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate.  We look at how SSL works, how
it benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test, purchase,
install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for set-up are
highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1