Security Basics mailing list archives

Change to SANS GIAC recert process

From: "Eggleston, Mark" <meggleston () healthpart com>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 14:04:40 -0400

Hello Folks,

As a SANS GIAC alum, I didn't get anything in my email but I'm excited
about the change in the recert process:

"On March 1st, 2010, GIAC will begin to offer expanded certification
maintenance options. Besides the existing method of retaking the
standard certification exam, we will offer two main additional options.
One alternative is for you to submit a published technical research
paper, such as a GIAC Gold Paper. Another alternative is to take
additional information assurance training courses, such as SANS training
courses. There are also supplemental options described below that can be
combined with any of the main options to help you reach the required 36
CMUs.

More info: http://www.giac.org/certification-renewal/

Regards,
Mark Eggleston
Manager, Security and Business Continuity
Information Services

This message, together with any attachments, is intended only for
the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. It
may contain information that is confidential and prohibited from
disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that any dissemination or copying of this message or any
attachment is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
message in error, please notify the original sender immediately by
telephone or by return e-mail and delete this message along with
any attachments, from your computer.

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate.  We look at how SSL works, how
it benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test, purchase,
install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for set-up are
highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1