Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Executing file in ADS

From: Jan Heisterkamp <ceo () ampersanded com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2010 09:23:55 -0600

莊承恩 schrieb:
Hello, everyone.
I'm trying to execute a file in the Alternate Data Stream in the Windows 7,
but after I've try many way to run, still I can't success.
this is what i'm got:
c:\temp\ads>type putty.exe > good.exe:putty.exe

c:\temp\ads>start good.exe:putty.exe
Access is denied.

c:\temp\ads>start .\good.exe:putty.exe
The system cannot find the file .\good.exe:putty.exe.

c:\temp\ads>start c:\temp\ads\good.exe:putty..exe
The system cannot find the file c:\temp\ads\good.exe:putty..exe.

I also run as administrator, but still doesn't work, could anyone help?
thanks a lot!

http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Windows_::DATA_alternate_data_stream
Regards

Jan

--
Jan Heisterkamp

CEO SSA

Grupo Ampersand S.A
IT-Security Consultants & Auditors
Apdo.925 Escazu 1250
Tel.[506] 2289 - 9173
Cel.[506] 8897 - 0555
Mail:
ceo_at_ampersanded.com [corp.]
janheisterkamp_at_web.de [priv.]

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate.  We look at how SSL works, how
it benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test, purchase,
install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for set-up are
highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1