Security Basics mailing list archives

PXE, OS Imaging(?) in the DMZ

From: Ray Van Dolson <rvdolson () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2010 08:17:39 -0800

Looking for some advice/opinions on providing PXE access within a DMZ
network.  Primarily for convenience access to systems diagnostics tools,
but potentially would be used to image new machines with "secure"
profiles.

Obviously we wouldn't want to link this to a PXE server or images hosted
within a "secure" (internal) network, but I'm wondering if most of you
would completely avoid something like this (enforce relocating the server
to a "secure" or isolated network if it needs to be worked on or
re-imaged), or would go ahead and set something up right inside your DMZ
network, or maybe something like setting up a separate imaging/PXE
network and have the DHCP server in your DMZ assign IP's and routes to
authorized clients so they can access this network when they need it, but
regular clients could not.

Thanks!
Ray

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate.  We look at how SSL works, how
it benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test, purchase,
install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for set-up are
highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1