Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Looking for IP Address logging / monitor Application

From: "Malick Sy" <sy_malick () hotmail com>
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2010 11:15:43 +0100

 I believe you may be concentrating on the wrong area..arpwatch monitors
local device mac to ip pairings and can send emails everytime a new MAC/IP
pairing is detected..

http://www.securityfocus.com/tools/142

I don’t know of any tool that can do exactly what you request, guess that is
the job of ids/ips devices, firewalls and proxy servers..Good luck and let
us know if you find an app that addresses the req. Ciao