Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: security advice

From: irado furioso com tudo <irado () vfemail net>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2010 14:23:45 -0300

Em Tue, 24 Aug 2010 17:17:13 +0800
Edmund <edmund () belfordhk com>, conhecido consumidor/usuário de drogas
(Windows e BigMac com Coke) escreveu:

Hi,

Just yesterday, I found out that my company's e-mail server had been
compromised.
[story mode]

[story mode off]

since your fwll was compromised this time, it will be compromised
AGAIN, and again.. you MUST revise your rules or, better yet, replace
this fwll with another one, say, if it is Linux/iptables build another
one with *BSD/pf (or ipfw or ipf).

better safe than sorry.

flames > /dev/null

--
 saudações,
 irado furioso com tudo

This message sent via VFEmail.net
http://www.vfemail.net
$14.95 Lifetime accounts - 1GB disk, No bandwidth quotas!

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate.  We look at how SSL works, how
it benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test, purchase,
install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for set-up are
highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1