Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: NMap Scripts Vs Nessus

From: Enis Sahin <enis.c.sahin () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2010 22:18:01 +0300

One use I can think of for Nmap scripts is when pivoting with
Metasploit. It's not possible to use Nmap to scan farther networks
once you get a foothold inside a perimeter with a meterpreter shell
for now but if future versions of Metasploit support this feature you
could use Nmap for automated vulnerability scanning while pivoting.

You could do the same if you'd install Nessus on the compromised
machine but it could be simpler to upload Metasploit as a payload
(Nmap bundled) and use Nmap scripts for vulnerability inside the
perimeter. (Never tried it though and I would appreciate any feedback
if anybody attempted this attack)

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate.  We look at how SSL works, how
it benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test, purchase,
install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for set-up are
highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1