Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Compliance Is Wasted Money, Study Finds

From: Bert Knabe <bert.knabe () lubbockonline com>
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 2010 13:39:27 -0500

I agree completely. I'm sure most people with even moderate concern about
security do. Unfortunately, it is often the case that the people who call
the shots and the people who protect the information don't agree on what's
really secure, or what should be secured. Was it on this list that I saw
someone mention that if the perceived cost of fines and blackeye are cheaper
than the cost of true security and the perceived likelihood of a successful
attack, many companies will risk a breach?