Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: limit access to other LAN computers

From: Arkadiusz Mańko (ArMan) <areksmanko () o2 pl>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 21:00:46 +0200

Hi,

There's no other way than put both of this Linux machines in separate DMZ. Then limit the access to inside LAN by
firewall rules.

(Internet)

(firewall)-----(dmz)-------linux

(LAN)----windows machines

Forget about NFS from outside (like Internet) - SSH/SFTP is only solution (don't give root access for that, create
additional users, they can "su" to root after login).

regards,

ArMan