Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: MS IIS vulnerability

From: Fabien Vincent <fabvincent () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2009 11:39:18 +0200

Hello,

First one is an RCE in NLST command (in the PoC in milw0rm they used a
shellcode from metasploit). Most of IPS have now protection against
Buffer Overflow in FTP Command.

The second one is a recursive LIST (ls "-r p*/../"). This one cannot
be detected as easily as the first one (nothing illegal or
suspicious).

But for twice you need :
an anonyous access or stolen account to execute it.
a folder in the root directory, to exploit the vulnerabilities.

Both has PoC in the wild. Just they don't work on IIS FTP 7.5 and 7.0
for the RCE.

Rgrds,

Fabien VINCENT