Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Content Filtering

From: Demith Samaraweera <demith () millenniumit com>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 22:08:23 +0530

Hi

I myself has used Bluecoat, Websense, SurfControl in this arena.
Bluecoat is obiviously a more matured product and has more features than most other produts (URL Filtering, IM control, AV scanning, and Reproter) and it also has the build in cacing capability so it would help you to reduce your bandwidth consumption, On the otherhand Websense and SurfControl is good at its core function which is URL filtering and laces in the other features. and even in the URL filtering database i have seen Bluecoat web filter is excellent and better than most other products since it has the adaptive categorization.

Regards

ganglyone () gmail com wrote:
Hello List!

I'm looking for comment/feedback from those that use Zscaler(preferably), Websense, Purewire, and/or Blue Coat.  My company is
looking to replace our existing proxy/cf.  The prospect of SaaS w/the additional features is a great opportunity to add another layer
of protection.  But there concerns that a company so new (Zscaler) isn't quite up to the task yet.  So I'm hoping to vet
them a little bit in this space.

thanks

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate.  We look at how SSL works, how
it benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test, purchase,
install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for set-up are
highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1

"The information contained in this email including in any attachment is confidential and is meant to be read only by the
person to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient(s), you are prohibited from printing, forwarding, saving or
copying this email. If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete this e-mail and
its attachments from your computer."