Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Log analisys and siem

From: Nikhil Wagholikar <visitnikhil () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 22:37:09 +0530

Hi NetExpress,

One of the most popular SIEM/SIM is OSSIM.

OSSIM (Open Source Security Information Management) is a collection of
tools designed to aid network administrators in computer security,
intrusion detection and prevention. The project's goal is to provide a
comprehensive collection of tools to grant an administrator a view of
all the security-related aspects of their system.

More Info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OSSIM
Official Website: http://www.ossim.net/

Something in-line with OSSIM is 'Prelude'.

Prelude is an "agentless", universal, "Security Information
Management" (SIM) system, released under the GPL license. Prelude
collects, normalizes, sorts, aggregates, correlates and reports all
security-related events independently of the product brand or license
giving rise to such events by normalizing them to a single format
called the "Intrusion Detection Message Exchange Format".

More Info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prelude_Hybrid_IDS
Official Website: http://www.prelude-ids.com/en/welcome/index.html

Hope this helps.

---
Nikhil Wagholikar
Practice Lead | Security Assessments & Digital Forensics
Network Intelligence India Pvt. Ltd. [NII Consulting]
Web: http://www.niiconsulting.com/
Comprehensive Information Security Training
http://iisecurity.in/courses/Training Calendar.html