Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Security Checklist

From: Richard Thomas <austindad () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 5 May 2009 10:23:42 -0500

J,

Heck of a question.  There is no way you are going to get a
comprehensive answer, at least not for free.  By way of guidance, you
should look at the NIST special publication documents (the 800 series)
at csrc.nist.gov.  For specific technical guidance, you can look for
the STIGs (security technology implementation guides) produced by DISA
(US government agency) at iase.disa.mil/stigs/stig/.  From a
technology perspective, there are a number of platforms that you can
either buy, or lease as a service, such as IDS/IPS, and log
aggregation and analysis.  Good luck.

Richard Thomas