Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Skills needed to become a Security Expert and Penetration Tester?

From: jcrout () softhome net
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 22:49:09 -0600

Head over to LinkedIn.com.  Search the groups. Have plenty of time when you do.  Search on CISSP. The topic (CISSP)
isn't really what you're after but you will find the some of the people are after, participating.  DEFCON comes to
mind. There are many. Also google this "25C3".

I do't know why -- maybe because I don't believe there is a useful use of the term, I'd drop the term "expert".  It's
like having a sign on your back saying "kick me".  Someday, you will lose no matter how good you are.

Seems like everyone has a live Linux CD -- or can, if they know how to read and to ask a question or two.  Do it
because its fun or because it makes a cool business card.

Do a search for this string "coolnameshop.cn/in.cgi" or search spam for embedded iframes and harvest the URLs.  For
heaven's sake, don't follow these with a browser -- you are looking for sites that are disessembling malware associated
with them.

The URL I mentioned is associated (seems to be) with a variant of CSRF exploits.  Instead of bating the victin into
clicking something though, there is an infectious agent that is injecting iframes containing the malicious link, into
otherwise clean web pages (after upload).

A request from anyone: If you know of something like this, hope you will send me email.