Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Conflict of interests

From: "Ian Bradshaw" <ian () ianbradshaw net>
Date: Mon, 4 May 2009 20:54:19 +0100

As long as you can justify it then it shouldn't be a problem. Though if
you're not in the IT department I'd question why you're messing about with
the network if it were my company. Even most of the IT dept won't have that
access level I would have thought, so ...

So in sort, if you can justify it then won't matter, but I don't think
anyone outside the IT dept could justify domain admin access (even people in
the IT dept. will struggle).

What exactly do you need it for? Maybe chuck your justification round the
list and see what people think?