Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Cisco Vuls

From: Nikhil Wagholikar <visitnikhil () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 2 May 2009 09:15:40 +0530

Hi Crackd,

The simplest thing you could do is run vulnerability scanners (plugins
updated) against your Cisco box and verify those vulnerabilities for
false positives. Popular ones:

Vulnerability Scanners: Nessus, Retina, QualysGuard
Verification: Metasploit Framework

Best of Luck!!

---
Nikhil Wagholikar
Practice Lead | Security Assessment & Digital Forensics
Network Intelligence (India) Pvt. Ltd. [NII Consulting]
Web: http://www.niiconsulting.com/
Comprehensive Information Security Training
http://www.niiconsulting.com/services/education/Training%20Calendar.html