Security Basics mailing list archives

Netmeeting sniffing

From: Thomas Kane <takane2 () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2009 21:14:48 -0400

So I'm wondering about the vulnerabilities of netmeeting remote
desktop to a physical layer attack. I have a test set up at my home, I
have one laptop connected to my westell dsl modem/router/switch via
wifi. then I connected my desktop via ethernet. My idea for the attack
was inserting a hub in there and grabbing the packets with another
laptop in promiscuous mode. In addition I have grabbed the netmeeting
certificates from the two computers involved. So I have the certs(one
of which had a private key, the other claimed it didn't have one). I
got the packets. I typed somethings because my main focus is
retrieving typed passwords from the wire. So now how would I go about
decrpyting the packets and what format are keystrokes in? I'd
appreciate any help I could get!