Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Opportunistic TLS on mail servers

From: "Andre Pawlowski" <sqall () h4des org>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 15:19:30 +0100

Well, I am forcing to use STARTTLS on SMTP, POP and IMAP on my server. I know that many users didn't use STARTTLS even if it is available on server and client. And because it's a security leak when it's not used by the users. I am forcing them to use it when they want to read their eMails.

Regards
--
[] Andre Pawlowski

visit http://h4des.org