Security Basics mailing list archives

ratproxy issues again

From: Andre Rodrigues <acastanheira2001 () yahoo com br>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 05:12:22 -0700 (PDT)

Hi folks,

I´m back with a ratproxy issue.

I´ve tested my app and it shows the following HIGH risks:

1- POST query with no XSRF protection - Parameter-accepting POST requests that lack security tokens. Some POST requests
change application state, and may be vulnerable to cross-site request forgery attacks.

2- Bad caching header - Pages that set cookies or require authentication, but have HTTP headers that may, in some
scenarios, lead to proxy-level document caching.
Depending on runtime settings, this may also include subtle HTTP/1.1 and HTTP/1.0 intent mismatches (such as
Cache-Control: private with no Expires header).

I need to explain what are these risks and how to circumvent them to the IT guys.

Any ideas apreciated.

Thanks,
André