Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Blocking traffic by Country to reduce spam

From: hellkyng () gmail com
Date: 22 Jun 2009 15:27:12 -0000

Some of the companies I've worked for have tried this. If you are a small company it seems to work very well. However
even companies of medium size tend to receive some number of emails from foreign countries. Invariably some foreign
client gets blocked and is none to happy.

To summarize I've seen it work and I've seen it fail. I might recommend a less broad approach such as blocking blocks
foreign countries known for spamming.
Good Luck!