Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: exploiting Microsoft IIS5 NTLM and Basic authentication bypass

From: Kingcope <kcope2 () googlemail com>
Date: Sun, 5 Jul 2009 08:44:31 +0200

Hello Juan,

probably the scanner does reference to the IIS 5.0/6.0 Authentication bypass
through WebDAV? If this is the case you can audit the IIS5 server with the
information provided here: http://www.milw0rm.com/exploits/8704 and here:
http://osvdb.org/show/osvdb/54555

There has been the case that IIS5 is vulnerable to this as reported by
Microsoft,
however I personally has been unable to reproduce the bug on IIS5 but only IIS6.
it seems CVE-2009-1122 is different from CVE-2009-1535 as you can read here:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/MS09-020.mspx
Good luck with IIS5 on this particular vulnerability.

Best Regards,

Nikolaos Rangos

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate.  We look at how SSL works, how
it benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test, purchase,
install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for set-up are
highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1