Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: HP management tool

From: Rob Taylor <rgt () wi mit edu>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2009 14:26:27 -0400 (EDT)

Yes. It works pretty well. It's basically just embedded linux. It works over ssh and https.
You can power cycle the node, and with the advanced pack, you can get an IP-KVM equivalent with remote media
capabilities.

Without the advanced pack, you can only use a virtual serial port for remote admin, but that is trivial in linux to
enable by just setting up a tty to listen on a serial port.

Sometime when you upgrade the iLo you need to make sure that the node's bios is upgraded as well tho, as they interact
with each other.

rgt

----- s0h0us () yahoo com wrote:

Hi List,
Has anyone had any experience with HP's Integrated Light-Out
Management Processor (iLO MP), specifically as a system
administrator's remote managementcapabilities? Good, bad, secure,etc?
Thanks in advance for your responses

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an
SSL certificate.  We look at how SSL works, how it benefits your
company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will
find out how to test, purchase, install and use a thawte Digital
Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for
set-up are highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management
of your encryption keys and digital certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1