Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: testing webapp - socks and http proxy question

From: jack.a.mannino () gmail com
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 20:02:33 +0000

Burp itself only supports proxying upstream to an http proxy.  If you want SOCKS, then you need to chain Burp to go
through an http proxy capable of forwarding to a SOCKS proxy. That is why Iike using Privoxy.  I forward my Burp
traffic to it, and then chain Privoxy through Tor.  You can substitute the proxies of your choice, but that is the
basic idea.

-Jack