Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Certifications for SOC team

From: aditya mukadam <aditya.mukadam () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 22:26:54 +0530

The best certifications can be determined by the Devices/Services your
SOC supports.

Quick Question: Is it a SOC which handles Network Security Issues ? If
yes, please read below:

If it handles CISCO Security Devices:
1) CCSP
2) CQS-VPN
3) CQS- PIX
4) CQS-IDP
5) CCIE-Security
More info on www.cisco.com/go/certifications.

If it handles Juniper Security Devices:
1) JNCIA-FW / SSL/ IDP
2) JNCIS - FW / SSL
More info on /www.juniper.net/certifications

There are other Vendor certifications as well. Again, it all depends
on the devices/services your SOC supports.

Other Good certifications to have :
1) CISSP
2) CISA
3) CISM

Again, if I had to select certifications for SOC, I would have mix of
the above certifications within my team depending on the Level of
work/profile.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Aditya Govind Mukadam