Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: adding another defence layer against viruses/worms

From: Kraig Babin <kmbabin () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2009 16:33:31 -0400

Juan,

Another direction to look at would be sandboxing the server
application(s) or even running a stateless server. There are several
solutions out there which could help isolate the application from the
rest of the system preventing the spread of any infections. Set the
server up in a DMZ/virtual LAN for further isolation and any
infections should be well contained.

Also combine that with a better anti-virus system, or use an
proxy/anti-virus solution to handle all incoming connections to the
server to reduce the occurrence of infections.

Kraig Babin