Security Basics mailing list archives

could you advise a good https proxy?

From: Oleg Artemiev <grey-olli () ya ru>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 23:27:44 +0400

Hi, list.

Need advice.

As being a duty cisco admin I 've corporate restrictions at work - a proxy w/ some (weak from my point of view)
restrictions.
Generally I've ssl open (via proxy) to almost all the planet minus some exceptions (guess some regexps match w/ squid:
/p.*r.*o.*x.*y.*/ ,
also some entered for social networks and file types). These restrictions are enough annoying to pay some time to get a
normal internet access.
Currently I use free CGI proxy, but it does not enough comfort. Due to lack of time to install & configure tunnel to my
unix box outside ('ll do later probably)  w/ stunnel  I desided temporary buy an access.  I found that there're tons of
things that match querry 'https proxy  chaining' on source forge and alot (less) on freshmeat.. So I need an advice:

what's currently the best proxying tool for win32 platform, that is:

1) BSD or GPL or similar in license.
2) Supports proxy chaining.
3) Is native (doesn't require cygwin or perl or whatever 3d party huge software installation).
4) Supports proxy NTLM auth (I authenticate on corporate proxy using domain logon credentials)
5) supports both http & https proxys.

Yes, I'm a local admin & yes - my chief knows what I'm doing - them just won't break things w/ exception just for a few
geeks . =)

--
Bye.Olli.
PGP fingerprint: 09B6 E060 DD67 04B9 E53B 721B 12E2 7401 F8A4 FC68

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate.  We look at how SSL works, how
it benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test, purchase,
install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for set-up are
highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1