Security Basics mailing list archives

"Attacks" from lax.qualys.com

From: The Security Community <thesecuritycommunity () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 13:06:43 -0400

For several days now our IDS has been telling us we're being
"attacked" by a host resolving to scanner[number].lax.qualys.com.

Considering the source, is it safe to assume "someone" purchased a
vulnerability assessment without informing the Security Department?

Nobody's talking, but it wouldn't be the first time.

Otherwise, is Qualys known for playing with their tools just for the heck of it?