Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: dotLOCAL Domain

From: Srikanth Dabbiru <srikanthdab () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2009 16:44:48 -0400

Simon,

Try researching on why networks like 192.168.0.0/24, 172.16.0.0/16,
10.0.0.0/8 are used *only* for local LAN, you will automatically find
the answer to your confusion.

Regards,
Srikanth.

On Thu, Apr 2, 2009 at 5:54 AM, Haymi Rock <haymirock () googlemail com> wrote:

Hi Guys,
I know my question is a so newbie question, but it's really confusing me.
I don't understand the reason of using the dotLOCAL domain name
instead of dotCOM, beside I don't understand how the communication
occurs to and from the Internet to this kind of DomainName.

Your help is so much appreciated.
best regards,

Simon

No time or budget for traveling to a training course in this fiscal year? Check out the online information security
courses available at InfoSec Institute. More than a boring "talking head", train in our virtual labs for a total
hands-on training experience. Get the certs you need: CEH, CPT, CEPT, CISA, CISSP, CISM

http://www.infosecinstitute.com/request_online_training.html