Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: wildcard SSL, is this a bad thing?

From: Andre Pawlowski <sqall () h4des org>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2009 08:30:53 +0200

The only risk I can see is that this certificate can match to more than only your 4 servers. If someone can crack your network and set up a server with a domain foobar.intranet.company.com he can use this certificate (and no one will get a missmatch) for this server.

But despite this scenario I would do the same thing for your problem.
--
[] Andre Pawlowski

visit http://h4des.org