Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Security Auditing ?

From: "Adam Pal" <pal_adam () gmx net>
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2008 09:13:01 +0200

Hi

That depends from company to company and from department to department. You can have a look
at ISACA for get an idea on what fields they focus on during the certification.
Personaly i dont think that an auditor should be also a pentester, thats 2 different fields imho. Sure, pentesting is
also a kind of auditing, but mostly or in industry areas audits are relateted to standard compliance, i.e. ISO27001. A
Pentest can be as mentioned before, a part of the whole audit, but for me the focus is the comparison with the
standards.
Now you can say that you are mean security auditing and not standards auditing, well, this is a point when we will have
to go deeper, define what each of us understand under "security", define your requirements, and then we will eventualy
obtain a specification of "security auditing".

i hope i was able to help you a little

regards,
Adam Pal

-------- Original-Nachricht --------