Security Basics mailing list archives

second-tier firewall replacement

From: "Eric Ong" <eric.ccong () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 00:05:46 +0800

Hi all,

I need to implement a second-tier firewall replacement project under
the 2-tier firewall configuration

Below is our current 2-tier firewall configuration:
ISP (internet) --> External Firewall/First-Tier Firewall (Juniper
Netscreen 25) --> DMZ --> Internal Firewall/Second-Tier
Firewall(SunScreen Firewall) --> Internal Network

I have the problem that I don't know why is the critical i need to
select the second-tier firewall.
Since I know that the SunScreen Firewall is not famous now, so I want
to replace the SunScreen Firewall with a new one.
Frankly, I want to replace the SunScreen by the Juniper Netscreen.
However, my auditor said that this is not a good ideas for both
External Firewall and Internal Firewall use the same brand product.

Any recommendations for me??

Thanks in advance.

Eric