Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Securing the internet connections

From: "ॐ aditya mukadam ॐ" <aditya.mukadam () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2008 23:34:50 +0530

Wali,

Im not really sure if I understood your question, all I could gather
is you need a web/proxy solution along with URL filtering.Also you
have AIP-SSM ASA.

My views:
1) Yes AIP-SSM should do the job however how are you gonna gauge the claim ?
2) Bluecoat is absolutely the best proven fit with great features .
But as you said its expensive. I would say, its worth it !
3) You can ponder over a solution including proxy server which is
intergrated with Websense with Network Agent .

Please consider below points:
1) With cost-effective approach of intergrating webserver and url
filter, there can be lot of complexities and compatiblity issue.I
would always prefer a stable, single vendor solution ( though
expensive) if accessing internet my company's #1 priority.
2) With any solution, you would need a well educated team to manage
this as it serves the critical function of 'Internet'. Proxy/Url
filtering can get tricky if not managed/maintained.

Thanks,
Aditya Govind Mukadam