Security Basics mailing list archives

VPN protocols

From: koro78 () hotmail co uk
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 10:14:47 -0600

Hello everybody,
I am currently doing a research on VPN protocols.
It would be nice if someone could give me any ideas about which protocol (PPTP, L2TP, IPSEC, SSL, SSH)fits better for
different business requirements. I mean that i am interested in knowing for what purposes you would choose IPSEC, SSL,
PPTP etc depending on different requirements.
I am not interested in specific VPN products but the only i need to know is how to choose the right protocol.
Also it would be nice if you could suggest any book or article that includes real VPN case studies.
Thank you in advance for your help,
Alex