Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: risk assessment - non electronic data

From: "Marc-André Laverdière" <marcandre.laverdiere () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2008 06:30:11 -0400

You can learn from the way governments handle classified materials.
I'm not an expert, but some leaks lately give you a picture.

1) Serial number on each document, with a different number for each copy
2) Lock and key, and tight control on that
3) Register of who can have what in the office
4) Register of who can have what out of the office
5) Keep track of each document that enters or leaves the safe

Don't know more, but that's a start.