Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: splited file encrypted with blowfish secure?

From: "Shreyas Zare" <shreyas () technitium com>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2008 11:36:04 +0530

Hi,

No. That would be same if the entire file was intact. When two blocks
of plain text are same then it would be problem. Also, 16MB in here is
the file split size and not the block size. Block size depends upon
the algorithm used and also its key bit length. If two blocks of plain
text in the file are same then in the same file the cipher text would
repeat. So splitting the file wont have any special impact.

Regards,

On Wed, Nov 5, 2008 at 12:10 AM, Ansgar Wiechers