Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Hardware Firewall

From: "David Crandell" <david () onholdwizard com>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 12:55:17 -0600

I use an ASA5510.

I've configured as a perimeter firewall with two external connections (one
from our ISP and one from another in-house router) as well as a DMZ for our
internet-facing app servers and an internal LAN with DHCP.

I love the ASDM configuration interface. It makes the device pretty easy to
setup. The command interface is very similar to PIX from what I'm told, too.

I love my ASA.

Dave Crandell

Vice President, Information Systems

On Hold Media Group