Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: hi, need help

From: "ॐ aditya mukadam ॐ" <aditya.mukadam () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 09:03:36 +0530

Dhiraj,

You have to recover your data and prevent further attacks.

*Where is this website hosted ? Get the snapshot/copy of the existing
configuration .This should/would be used for investigation.
*Investigation can provide you the areas to tighten the screws.
*Once you find the weakness, take action/ countermeasures to prevent
this in future.
*Apply the patch/fixes etc on the backup copy and restore your website.

Remember security is evolving process, so I would recommend you to
perform periodic security assessment (once you get the site up and
running).

Thanks,
Aditya Govind Mukadam

On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 2:20 PM, Dhiraj Mahajan