Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Denied the CISSP, what are oher options

From: "rmccomber () gmail com" <rmccomber () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 15:42:36 +0000 (GMT)

I agree with some of the other comments - calls ISC2. Beyond that, in order to get better suggestions as to alternat
paths, can you give us an idea of the area you were working in and where your interests are? Beyond product and
vendor-specific certs, there are good opportunities and certs in areas such as audit or secure app development. A lot
is driven by your goals.

Speaking as someone who recently had to do some hiring, I found that I was more interested in people with some
demonstrated experience in the area they were applying for than for the higher level certs. For some of the folks I was
willing to fund SANS training as part of the hiring package if the personality and experience fit.

Rob

Email on the go, sent by TELUS