Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Wireless Internet network for the enterprise

From: Adriel Desautels <adriel () netragard com>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 13:42:22 -0400

Check out m0n0wall.

Regards,
        Adriel T. Desautels
        Chief Technology Officer
        Netragard, LLC.
        Office : 617-934-0269
        Mobile : 617-633-3821
        http://www.linkedin.com/pub/1/118/a45

        Join the Netragard, LLC. Linked In Group:
        http://www.linkedin.com/e/gis/48683/0B98E1705142

Netragard, LLC - http://www.netragard.com  -  "We make IT Safe"
Penetration Testing, Vulnerability Assessments, Website Security

Netragard Whitepaper Downloads:
-------------------------------
Choosing the right provider : http://tinyurl.com/2ahk3j
Three Things you must know  : http://tinyurl.com/26pjsn

zefferno () gmail com wrote:
Hey all,

We are in the process of checking the needs to implement Wireless Internet access for company guests. The maximum
number of users is about 50 at the same time.

We will use a some gateway (or a box) and Access points located at our building.

We are looking for the following requirements:

1. Limiting access only to specific services, such as HTTP, HTTPS or SMTP.

2. Limiting access to internal IP's. Users who are connected won't able to reach any other connected user.
3. Limiting access to specific time range and days at week.

4. QOS - some kind of traffic shaping to prevent users from flooding the bandwidth.

5. Authentication - we are not sure about this because we don't want to make it difficult for guests. What do you say?

6. Reporting - real time monitoring and/or logging of outgoing traffic.

We searched for Linux based gateways and we found the SmoothWall and IPCOP projects. Do you know any other free projects?
Do you have suggestions for specific appliance/box?

Much Thanks.

Regards,
Zefferno.