Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: TPM against XSS and Phishing

From: "Dennis Li" <dennis.li.sh () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 01:49:33 +0800

On Thu, May 15, 2008 at 1:43 AM, Dennis Li <dennis.li.sh () gmail com> wrote:

Hi, Charis

I don't think any relationship between the secure boot (TPM) and XSS and phishing.

The secure boot is to prevent unauthrozied person to access your pc and privacy data on harddisk by encrpting your
harddisk.

XSS and phishing attack work on web site. In some cases, the hack could access your data through the backdoor opened
by trojoan which is injected by the XSS attack indirectly. (Malicious java script will be runned by XSS attack, and
it may cause buffer overrun, and privilege to access your pc can be get, then backdoor will be opened). Even in that
case, the TPM may not work since you already log on to your OS, and the data is decrypted.

So maybe you need state more clear about your requirement.

Dennis